Mckenzie & Blundy Funeral Home

Mckenzie & Blundy Funeral Home

Located in Sarnia, Ontario


431 Christina St N, Sarnia, ON

Burial service, Funeral service, Professional service, Cremation, Special service for veterans, Pre-arrangements, Grief support, Testimonials

Website

Located in Sarnia, Ontario


The McKenzie & Blundy Funeral Home was founded in 1946 by Donald F. McKenzie and Paul D. Blundy. Mr. McKenzie graduated from the Canadian School of Embalming, Banting Institute, University of Toronto in 1937 and came to Sarnia in 1938 to manage the Phillips Funeral Home where he hired a recent high school graduate Paul Blundy.

Both Don and Paul served in the Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve during World War II and returned to Sarnia to open the funeral home together. Paul received his funeral director's licence in October 1947. The firm also provided an ambulance service until 1956 and in 1950 put into service the first oxygen equipped ambulance in Sarnia-Lambton.

The original stately family residence was built about 1880 and was previously owned by the Gurd and Heffron families. The upper floors of the funeral home became the McKenzie family residence until the death of Don McKenzie in November 2000. As the firm grew, additions to the building were made in 1951, 1957, 1992 and 2002 which have doubled the size of the facility while maintaining the comforting residential atmosphere.

Don McKenzie's son, Grant R. McKenzie, a 1968 graduate of the former Canadian School of Embalming purchased the firm in 1984. In 2005, then general manager Katherine Scimmi became a co-owner with Grant and Katherine is now President & Managing Partner of the firm. Together with the funeral directors and support staff, Grant and Katherine are committed to providing you with the very best service that is caring and sensitive to individual needs.

Mckenzie & Blundy Funeral Home Mckenzie & Blundy Funeral Home 431 Christina St N, Sarnia, ON (519) 344-3131 Send flowers